Monday, February 08, 2010

"Treasures For My Friends" released

My living homage to my uncle, Rev. Lloyd George Barrett, is partially complete. "Treasures For My Friends", a visual poetry book is now available on blurb.com and this week I'll be working on a short film version of the book. It should be up on Itunes by the weekend - - if I stay on the straight and narrow....

Speaking of which, go to see THE BOOK OF ELI if you haven't yet. I was fortunate enough to see it last week (seventh row center, of course) by myself. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a post apocalyptic treatsie of America, blah blah blah.

However, it's more than that. I'm gonna see it again, thank God for the cheap ticket prices around here and then maybe see it a third time and thank God again for the fact that I don't have to watch films and then write papers about them, like back in the day....although, it wouldn't be hard to come up with a decent thesis argument. It's visually arresting, has great subtle music, the writing is excellent, the direction is not bombastic and the cast has some heretofore hidden jewels in it. Of course, having Tom Waits and Gary Oldman in any cast doesn't hurt.

That's it.

ciao for now